Holding tubes provide a fixed volume of tubing to "hold" a product for a set period of time at a given flow rate.
- Barbeque Sauce
- Infant Formula
CSI engineers will assist you in sizing the right holding tube for your application. We design holding tubes to meet the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO) as well as FDA and USDA standards.
We can also pre-fit holding tubes with a flow diversion valve (FDV). An FDV can:
- Divert unpasteurized product back to a balance tank
- Provide leak detection
- Send pasteurized product to forward flow
To meet these requirements, certain critical points must be addressed:
- Proper slope of no less than 1/4" per foot to allow drainage and meet USDA, 3A and other regulatory requirements
- No short circuiting capability
- Supports to maintain the tubes in a fixed position
- Salt injection provisions for timing and confirmation
- Optional flow diversion valve and controls
- Outstanding welds, materials and workmanship
- Heavy-duty frame design
- Optional AL-6XN® alloy
For more information, call us at 800.654.5635.